Inky Moose On Facebook

Find me on Facebook where you can get inspiration, class updates and other crafty goodness!

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

ASI Christmas Challenge

October was my month to choose the challenge for our ASI team. I went for a Christmas card with matching tag. There was method in my madness when I chose this project... if I haven't personally made enough Christmas cards to send this year, I can use the swaps!
This is the duo I came up with. I've Used Blushing Bride and Cherry Cobbler colours. Non traditional colours I know but I still think they work.
I found a negative cut out of a die I have and used it to sponge the pink focal point on the card. I started with Pink Pirouette ink and worked my way through my pink inks for shading. I finished with a tiny bit of Riding Hood Red. I then stamped the swirl (from 'Creative Elements') with the cut out still in place as I only wanted it on the sponged area. I stamped my ornament where I wanted it to go then stamped it again with Versamark and heat embossed it with the beautiful Cherry Cobbler embossing powder. I cut out the heat embossed ornament and placed it over the stamped ornament (on my card) with dimensionals. I then added some gold thread, an antique brad (LOVE those!) and lace to give it a vintage feel. Once I had my ornament placed, I then Versamarked the sentiment and used gold embossing on it.
Here's a close up of the matching tag I made to co-ordinate...
I didn't add the extra layer of an embossed ornament to the tag as I thought it might have been too much.

I had the idea of what I wanted to create in my mind when I set the challenge, and it took a while to get those ideas onto card stock how I wanted, but I am thrilled with how they turned out. Most of the photos were taken with the flash on and don't do the projects justice. They have a lovely, soft feel about them. They're slightly shabby chic with a vintage feel and a hint of elegance. How's that for a combination!
Thanks for taking a peek.

1 comments :

Carol Matthews said...

As pretty as the card and tag look here, they are 10 times more beautiful in person. Thanks Maree!

Post a Comment