Inky Moose On Facebook

Find me on Facebook where you can get inspiration, class updates and other crafty goodness!

Thursday, April 15, 2010

For The Guys

For my class next Wednesday I will be focusing on the men in our lives. Tall, short, old or young, they often get over looked in the card area. I have been meaning to run a Masculine card class for some time now but just have never really felt inspired enough to do so.
Lots of products in the Summer Mini (released May) scream testosterone to me so getting a sneak peek of these new goodies was just the jump start I needed to crank out some cards for the guys!
This is the first card I've come up with. I wanted to try out the new 'Rough Type' Alphabet set that I bought in the new clear mount version. I find I don't tend to use alphabet stamps much as they are too fiddly and I find them too much effort for only an average result. Well, all I can say is "NOT anymore!!". This set is going to be well used. I love it and I love the clear mount stamps!
I've also used another fave set of mine - 'Extreme Elements'. I have used them here as a background pattern (means you get so much more use out of your stamps and you get to design one-of-a-kind paper!). Cards for teenagers (especially boys!) are tricky but with the Extreme Elements set SU! have introduced the Extreme Sports stamps to coordinate. It was a given that I would have to get some of them. I chose the skateboarder (only because I hadn't inked it up yet) and set about making a "rough and ready, baggy tee, grubby knee-torn jeans" kinda card. Let me know what you think!


Supplies: All SU!- Extreme Elements, Extreme Skateboard, Rough Type Alphabet (new in the Summer Mini). Colours: Pumpkin Pie (doesn't it make the skateboarder pop off the page?!), Kraft, Chocolate Chip and Always Artichoke.

1 comments :

Carol Matthews said...

Oh - I like how you used the new alphabet!!! Gotta give that a try! Plus I like everything else on the card...I've never had to do a 'boy' card, I'm am boy-challenged in our family!

Post a Comment