Inky Moose On Facebook

Find me on Facebook where you can get inspiration, class updates and other crafty goodness!

Monday, August 6, 2012

Military and Masculine

Hello and happy Monday :) For those of you in NB, happy New Brunswick day as well!
Recently a friend of mine requested a birthday card for her hubby. He is in the Reserves (I hope I got that right!) so she asked if I could make something with a military feel to it.
I have never made a military card before so did some searching on the internet. I didn't find anything I really liked so I racked my brains as to what the word "military" conjures up for me. Camouflage was the first thing that sprung to mind! I went through my bucket of scrap paper and ripped and tore pieces that I thought resembled the colours in camouflage (in my mind at least!). I then sponged the pieces and stuck them down on a piece of neutral cardstock. I dry embossed this to provide texture.
Wanting to add something else, I made some "dog tags". I cut two tags from chipboard and painted them with silver shimmer paint. Once dried I heat embossed a letter on each. Luckily I had a ball chain in my stash so I joined the tags together and adhered them to the card. I find when making masculine cards, the fewer the embellishments, the better so I added some eyelets (to balance the tags) and some khaki coloured twine I had.

My friend was thrilled with the card and she emailed later to tell me her husband loved it too (phew!!!)

Have a great day and thanks for stopping by and taking a peek :)


0 comments :

Post a Comment