Inky Moose On Facebook

Find me on Facebook where you can get inspiration, class updates and other crafty goodness!

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Newly Re-Found Treasures

I have been busy lately trying to clean out some space in my craft room. This is no easy feat and I have been putting it off and putting it off. Often times I will be cleaning out a drawer and find a treasure or two and then decide to make something with said treasures. Of course this means the cleaning is put on hold, but it means I get to create something and that always feels good.

What treasures did I find that I used on this card? I discovered a piece of scrapbooking paper I had had for at least 5 years (no I am not kidding). It was made up of small square images that were divided by dots. They reminded me of postage stamps and the dots are the bits you tear to pull the stamps apart. Anyways, that lead me to another discovery. I found a pair of decorative scissors. You know those scissors that all we paper crafters had years ago. Some had a deckle edge, others a pinking shear edge. Well I found a pair with a postal edge. The scissors cut to give you the edge of a postage stamp! So, I combined my two newly re-found treasures and came up with this ...
I made this into a birthday card so I went for the small image that defined 'Cherish'. I was so tickled with those postal scissors though!
To finish off the card I added some vintage lace, pearls, sponging, embossing, faux stitching, distressing and so on. I think the end result is kind of an eclectic mix of vintage and shabby chic.
Gotta say though, I am loving my postal scissors LOL!
Oops, nearly forgot to show you in the inside of the card!
Thanks for taking a peek!

0 comments :

Post a Comment