Inky Moose On Facebook

Find me on Facebook where you can get inspiration, class updates and other crafty goodness!

Friday, July 15, 2011

Butterfly Box Card

Can you tell I have got some new stamp sets?! LOLOL
I had a chance to play with some of them today and created this card.
I've used 'Kindness Matters' and 'Creative Elements'. The butterflies remind me of the species boxes collectors have. I didn't add pins to hold my butterflies in place like collectors do though! I stamped the butterflies onto water colour paper and coloured them in with a blender pen and the stamp pads. I used my Stamp-a-ma-jig to line the butterflies up also. There was no way I was going to try that free hand!
I cut a frame from Soft Suede card stock and raised it with dimensionals so it would resemble the collector box. I added a layer of acetate also to act as the glass.
To create the frame around the box I used my trusty Stamp-a-ma-jig again with the border image from the 'Creative Elements' set. I didn't get the stamps meeting perfectly in the corners but I am happy enough with the result. I also used the 'No. 3' from the 'Creative Elements' set.
Here's a photo at a different angle...
This was actually a rather difficult card to photograph! With the acetate window I had to make sure I took my photos without the flash on and it could only be at certain angles as the acetate would show reflections of what was around. That's the way it goes sometimes though isn't it?
Thanks for stopping by and taking a peek!

0 comments :

Post a Comment