Inky Moose On Facebook

Find me on Facebook where you can get inspiration, class updates and other crafty goodness!

Saturday, April 23, 2011

'Just Because' For Guys

I was recently asked to come up with a 'Just Because' pocket book of Inspiration for a husband of a customer. It wasn't something I had thought of when I initially came up with the creation of the pocket book but it is something I was certainly happy to create!
I chose more masculine colours for the project and kept the imagery simple. I stamped a leaf from the 'Autumn Splendour' set onto the First Edition designer paper and cut it out. Because the DSP is thinner than the regular DSP I gave it some body by sponging some Bashful Blue onto the leaf and layering Crystal Effects over it. I think it gave the leaf a kind of skeletal feel.


I love the sharp contrast of the black with the blue and the newsprint style DSP ties it all together nicely. All in all a rather nice "manly" version to inspire the guys in our lives.

2 comments :

Carol Matthews said...

Very, very, nice!!

Scrappin Barn said...

I was jut sitting down to start a card for my brother's birthday, but decided to take a few minutes to view your posts. What great timing, you inspired me with the bashful blue. Thanks

Post a Comment