Inky Moose On Facebook

Find me on Facebook where you can get inspiration, class updates and other crafty goodness!

Thursday, December 30, 2010

The back end of Christmas

Christmas is over but I wanted to share the last photos I have of Christmas cards I made, including a custom order I did for a gentleman. He was very specific about what he wanted (it was to match the gift he had for his wife). His instructions were the card needed to look like the Ice Queen from the 'Narnia' movies. Images of icy whites, pearls, glitter and satin were conjured up in my mind.Of course a few snowflakes were mandatory too!
Anyways, here's what I came up with:
The gentleman requested the sentiment too. All I could think was "Wow, his wife is one lucky lady. What a wonderful husband!!". I embossed and added shimmer paint (difficult to see in the photo), added pearls and glitter. I wanted a substantial white satin bow on the card too to tie it all together. I love the finished product and the customer was pleased too. I just hope his wife liked it!

When I was cleaning out the files on my camera I found these Christmas cards I hadn't posted, so here we go... as a fond farewell to 2010!
My two most favourite colours in the world!! Red and turquoise... I combined them to make this gem. Just in case you are wondering, the turquoise house is my house! LOL

This is another custom order I did. It is the first Hanukkah card I have ever made but I am pleased with the results. The flames from the candles were made using the wings from the Bird punch. I just cut them down a bit to fit. I thought I was pretty smart coming up with that!

So there we have it. A new year is a coming and with it new ideas from the new Occasions mini due out on the 1st!

2 comments :

Carol Matthews said...

Wow - the white snowflake card is gorgeous! The others are really nice too. Congrats on all your special orders!!

Rose-Ellen said...

I love the Hanukkah candle card. The bird wing flames were a great idea!

I'm a new follower from Stampin' Connection. You can find and follow me at www.MyStampingFriends.blogspot.com

Thanks,
Rose-Ellen

Post a Comment