Inky Moose On Facebook

Find me on Facebook where you can get inspiration, class updates and other crafty goodness!

Thursday, September 15, 2011

Is It A 'Holly Jolly Christmas' Or 'LOL'?

Happy Thursday people :)
Today I have a card to share that I made while visiting my wonderful upline Carol a few weeks ago. Carol is the Queen of Christmas (It's her favourite time of year) so check out her blog for some beautiful Christmas inspiration.

I have used lots of new goodies on this creation ... I've used the 'Letters To Santa' DSP. This was my first project using it and I have to say I like it. Nice colours and designs to work with.
Another first time goodie was the awesome 'Peek-A-Boo Frames' die for the Big Shot! Aren't the windows adorable?! I just love them. They remind me of the Advent Calendars you get that house a chocolate behind each window, but you could use them for any occasion. I have some more ideas with these cute frames to try out so I'll post them when I have made them.
The other newcomer on the block is the beautiful Cherry Cobbler quilted satin ribbon. It is so nice to work with and ties easily (always a good thing especially for those that are bow-phobic!).
Inside my windows I coloured stamps from the Holly Jolly Bingo set with my markers. I stamped the same image on the front of each window too but just in Old Olive ink. Now this is where the "LOL" part of the post comes in...
I had finished making the card and was sitting admiring it (as you do!). One of my DD walks in and asks to see what I have made. I hand DD the card and the first thing she says is "Why have you put LOL on a Christmas card?". (For those of you that don't have a teenager to explain what LOL means, it is text language and stands for 'Laugh Our Loud').
I take my card back and look for myself...
Hmmm, loooking at the card from a different angle, I can see what DD means. A candy stick, followed by a wreath and a candlestick does kind of look like 'LOL'.
So there you have it. A dual purpose card. One you could give to your older (less technologically savvy) family and friends, or one you could give to a teenager to show them how hip you are with the lingo (or not as the case may be!).
Thanks for taking a peek :)

2 comments :

Carol Matthews said...

Love your story!!! And your card!

Wild Woman Jewelry said...

maree-- you're putting me in the mood! great card :)

Post a Comment