Inky Moose On Facebook

Find me on Facebook where you can get inspiration, class updates and other crafty goodness!

Monday, March 28, 2011

Having An Egg-cellent Easter!

I know, it's a little corny for the title of a post, but it does have eggs in it!
With Easter next month I have an Easter Class on the schedule. It means cute wee gift boxes to fill with chocolatey goodness, mmmmm. With the release of the new Petal Cone die in the SU! mini it was a perfect time to see what I could come up with.

To create the gift box above, I've used the beautiful 'Springtime Vintage' DSP to create my cone and added some gorgeous satin ribbon and buttons. Every time I use the satin ribbon on a project I love the look it creates. It's so elegant and dresses up even the simplest creation. I even managed to colour coordinate the contents of the cone, though it did mean I had to eat the remaining colours in the bag (Not that I'm complaining! LOL)

To compliment the gift cone I made the following card:
I've used the same DSP paper pack and heat embossed the silhouette of the girl as the main image. It is difficult to see from this angle but the card is actually a pop-up card. It lays flat for posting but push the flower band up and and girl pops up to reveal a message.

Here's a side view to give you a better idea. The idea for this card came from one we did at a ASI Team get together and I have been wanting to use it for some time now. Isn't it great?!

Last but not least is another gift box. It reminds me of a Chinese Take Out box. Believe it or not, it is made with the same Petal Cone die as the other box.
I've heat embossed the sentiment and the cute egg, sponging over the egg to give it a bit more colour. I just love this wee box!
Class Details:

Dates: Wednesday 13th/ Thursday 14th April, 7 - 9.30 pm.
Cost: $22

Email me to reserve your seat!

1 comments :

sujy said...

I love the take-out box. What a cutie!

Post a Comment