Inky Moose On Facebook

Find me on Facebook where you can get inspiration, class updates and other crafty goodness!

Friday, May 14, 2010

I've picked you a Bunch of Roses

Ok, I may not literally have picked a bunch of roses as I don't have any in our garden, but I think this card looks like a posy of roses I'd love to give.
This beautiful stamped image is from the 'Elements of Style' stamp set in the new Summer Mini catalogue. I have water coloured (my third water coloured card) and added some shimmer paint to give it a bit of a shine.
I have used several shades of pink to colour the roses (starting with Pink Pirouette, Pretty In Pink, Rose Red, Regal Rose and a hint of Rich Razzleberry) to try and create a more natural look. I've also "aged" the edges of the cardstock with good ol' Creamy Caramel ink. I love the look it gives and it's so easy to do. This is one colour I will miss when SU! retires some of their range in July. Here's a close up:

Water colouring is certainly labour intensive but the results are so worth it. The depth of colour you can achieve is stunning and when I water colour I feel like a bit of an artist. An artist that is colouring in between the lines, but an artist nonetheless!

1 comments :

Carol Matthews said...

OH, WOW! These are lovely!

Post a Comment