Inky Moose On Facebook

Find me on Facebook where you can get inspiration, class updates and other crafty goodness!

Saturday, January 21, 2012

With Sympathy

Today I have a sympathy card to share with you that I recently made for a friend who lost her father-in-law. I wanted to make something masculine and for some reason, trees represent masculinity to me.
I've used a retired set (Trees Three) and stamped the main image three times, in various shades of grey. Each time I moved the image slightly to create a shadow effect. The Stamp-a-ma-jig was the perfect tool for the job!
I sponged the tree line in shades of greens and added some splotches with white craft ink. I thought they added a slight ethereal touch. I stamped the background with my 'Well Worn' background stamp and the rest is pretty straightforward. I'm really pleased with the result.
Thanks for stopping by and taking a peek, and whatever you have planned for your weekend, enjoy it!

2 comments :

Shirley said...

What a wonderful card. It has a calm feeling to it. You did a wonderful job on the trees and the well worn background was the perfect finishing touch on the card. Great Job!

I know I don't post comments very often but I would like you to know I never miss a post and enjoy your blog very much!

Hope your enjoying the weekend!

Carol Matthews said...

This is stylish and lovely, very sophisticated!

Post a Comment