Inky Moose On Facebook

Find me on Facebook where you can get inspiration, class updates and other crafty goodness!

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Sew Sweet and Stationary Too!


Here it is, the project for my March All Day Class. I have had such fun coming up with this.
Memories as a little girl, of watching my Grandmother sew have inspired me. I was constantly amazed by the beautiful garments she would create from just a few simple materials. If I was lucky enough, one of the creations would be for me!

For the class I have created a sewing kit (Box template was purchased here) with paper and accents galore - Wooden bobbins, ribbon, buttons, pins and all the beautiful sewing paraphernalia in the latest SU! mini.
The box itself is gorgeous with it's retro patterns and colours, but open it up and look what it hides:
Three levels of gorgeous papertrey creations. The top layer has four note cards and matching gift tags. I've included extra ribbon (I've included some dinky wood bobbins because they were just too cute to leave out!) and pins just in case they are called for.
Here's the four notecards:

Level Two holds four full size cards, all as individual and unique as any fabric creation might be (Level three holds the envelopes). Here's Card One:No good seamstress can live without the tools of her trade and probably the most important of these tools is the sewing machine. This card is an ode to the sewing machine... Sturdy, straightforward and functional. But don't the ruffled ribbon and brads give a little hint of what is possible when imagination is added to the mix?!


For the next card I was inspired by the dressmakers dummy. I imagined a garment being stitched together and wanted to recreate that idea on a card.
I've ripped the fabric into strips and layered them along the bottom of the card to create "frills" on a skirt. I've made a fabric flower (centred with one of the funky fabric brads) to top it off. Add some buttons, lace and even some stitching, and this is what I came up with.

Card number three is inspired by the cutting and measuring that goes on when one wants to sew. A tape measure is all important and one will usually be found hanging around the seamstress's neck. Add pattern pieces oh so carefully cut and you have the beginnings of your garment. Add some thread and away you go.


Card Four is inspired by the extra little bits and pieces that go into making a garment. The finishing touches so to speak. I have always had a fascination for buttons and ribbon. Any excuse to buy some and the fancier the better! Add some fancy stitching and button DSP and this card goes from plain to glam in an instant! So there you have it, Sew sweet and stationary too!


Date: Saturday 26th March, 9.30am - 4.30pm.

Cost: $50. (This includes lunch so if you have any special dietary requirements, please contact me. Please also NOTE, the price of the class includes your own bottle of Tombo Adhesive that you will need for the class).

Email me at inkymoose@gmail.com to reserve your seat!


4 comments :

Carol Matthews said...

Wow! I'm speechless... it's gorgeous, and so intricate! Bravo!!

Debbie Martin said...

Love this, you are really talented. TFS
Debbie
www.cleverandcute.blogspot.com

Linda Berger said...

My Goodness Maree!! You are amazing. What a wonderful job. I wish I lived closer. Bravo !!
Linda

Yolanda said...

Love what you've done! I'm your newest follower from SC. #295

Post a Comment