Inky Moose On Facebook

Find me on Facebook where you can get inspiration, class updates and other crafty goodness!

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

PPA 35 - Anything BUT a Card Challenge


I always love the 'Anything BUT a Card' challenge at PPA especially if I have a project on hand. This coming weekend is my DD's and my last ice skating lesson and I wanted to make something to thank our very patient and wonderful teachers. What's the big deal I hear you say, most Canadians take ice skating for granted. Learning to ice skate was a huge deal- having just moved here from NZ means we don't, (where there are only two ice rinks in the whole country!) and believe me, I NEEDED lessons!! My DD's took to it like a duck on water but I was one of "those" students. Needless to say, a pretty Gift Box Thank You was in order.
These baskets are made using the Big Shot 'Fancy Favour' die. You cut away part of it to create the lower front. Pretty cool huh?! Not my idea though. My wonderful Up line shared it as an idea she had seen at Leadership convention and I just had to try it. Each basket holds two milk cartons snugly and don't they look ever so cute?

Supplies: All SU! except for ribbon scraps - Fancy Favour Big Shot die, Beautiful Butterflies die, 'Sprinkles' stamp set, 'Thank You Kindly' stamp set, Boho Blossoms punch, Scallop Border punch, 1/16" Circle punch

2 comments :

Cards by Gina said...

Love these gift box thank you's! The colors are terrific and the boxes are so pretty. Thanks for playing at PPA!

Carol Matthews said...

These are gorgeous Maree! I may just have to case those too! Thanks for sharing.

Post a Comment